Friday, March 12, 2010

The GOOD In All Things...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

If you desire to know; I mean really know how good God is; don't just read this scripture - engrave it on your heart. Are all circumstances in life good? No. But, the Lord shows those who believe in Him, and desire to see the good in everything, just how faithful He is by allowing us to see with our own eyes how every situation in our lives leads to something greater than our present circumstances.

"...in all things God works for the good..."

An example for me today was that my church is having a women's retreat this weekend where there will be a dramatic skit (Insert spoiler alert here in case you are attending the retreat!) and one of the props that will be used is an IV bag pole in an attempt to make the stage look like an examination room. I am providing this "prop" to be used in the skit. This pole used to belong to my hubby. At one point in his illness, he had a bad infection and needed around the clock IV fluids at home. I used to administer the IV medications using this pole. It's a not-so-great memory for me.

I've had this pole for a very long time and have thought on a number of occasions, "What on earth will I do with this thing? I should just throw it away." Well, the Lord has a purpose even for this silly pole that holds a negative memory for me! The idea that the Lord can use something as simple as this pole to bring glory to Himself through this skit is such an encouragement to me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am NOT insinuating that Jay got cancer so that a stupid pole could be used in a skit at a women's retreat. But what I am saying is that even though my honey had to endure such bad things during his illness, the Lord is faithful to take everything that could be perceived as bad and bring about good things from it. He IS the God of all hope. This pole has become a symbol of Romans 8:28 and the Lord is using this symbol to remind me of just how good He really is.

"And we know [I KNOW] that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I am so blessed to know that the trial my husband and I have been through (any part thereof) will be used to bring even the smallest amount of glory to my God. Nothing ever happens in vain. God uses all things, people and circumstances.

To God be the glory! Amen.

1 comment:

Arlene (AJ) said...

I know the Women's Retreat will touch your heart as he has my Sis who lossed her hubby to cancer also. God will indeed be there for you dear...providing the IV bag pole that was used by your hubby in the skit will bring glory for sure, bless you for being willing to share this with the others.