Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Let Your Voice Be Heard...VOTE!

I'm not usually a political person, but this election between Obama and McCain has got me all excited! Not necessarily in a good way, either. I am concerned for our future and the candidate that gets voted in today has a HUGE responsibility on their shoulders. They need to pull us out of the "deep end" and help the United States to rebound. That's no small thing!

Everybody wants change but I don't know that anyone is really ready for some of the bigger changes that are looming if certain candidates are elected into office, and if certain propositions are passed. I have cast my vote and I will eagerly await to see what the rest of the nation has to say. If I am out-voted, I will be in heavy prayer for our nation.

One of my big issues of concern is who will step up to increase the revenue given to researchers to find a cure for cancer...any cancer...all cancer???! All I can say is whoever is elected today better keep their word and put their money where their mouth is!! The statistics speak for themselves; 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will have some type of cancer in their lifetime. Those are such sad statistics.

But, regardless of who is chosen as our president, the Lord still reigns over all the earth for those who choose to believe it...and no matter what, we believers are going to be fine! The state of the world today was prophetically written in the bible, so we are even closer to Jesus' return. I look forward to that day because then I won't have to worry about anything ever again. No tears, no fear, no worries in heaven. I will never think of earth and evil again when that day comes! Oh how I long for that day to come!

Heavenly Father, YOU ALONE reign over this earth. I pray that the right candidate will be chosen for president. I pray that this election fulfills YOUR plan. Be with us, Lord. Protect us. Draw us closer to You. Thank You that You are not willing that any should perish, but I long for the day when I will see You face-to-face. I praise Your Holy Name. Amen.

1 comment:

betty said...

amen....

and I agree with you 100% Jamie; the Lord is in control; he already knows the outcome of this election and we need to trust in him :)

betty