Thursday, April 5, 2007

Practicing What I Preach...

An update on Jay...he is doing fine today.  He feels a bit tired, which is to be expected from the amount of radiation he is receiving in such a short time.  He will be done with radiation as of next Wednesday, but we knew that already.  When seeking to understand exactly why we're stopping radiation early, the doctor could only offer up this reason, "Because the organs and tissues have all received their maximum amount of dosage that they can receive."  Not, "Because he is doing so well..."  That was just something that we thought because it was our hope.  The doctor doesn't know anything about the tumor and whether or not it has gotten any smaller, or if the radiation has been effective at all.  The X-rays that they take every six days are not diagnostic at all...they merely tell them if they're hitting their target.  So, the answer is still a resounding, "We don't know."  Ahhh!

At first I was angry because we got our hopes up and the rug was pulled out from under us AGAIN.  But, through the process of prayer and casting my cares upon the Lord, I see now that it isn't bad news that we received.  It just wasn't any news at all, and I'm praising the Lord!  He is in complete control of this whole thing and I am going to continue to trust that.

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." (Psalm 55:22 NIV)

To the enemy who THINKS he's going to win this battle, you cannot have my mind!  Everything that I am and everything that I have belongs to the most powerful, the most wonderful and loving God who will kick you in the tail if you even try to take over!

To my Father in heaven, I love You and I'm Yours!  Carry me on Your big strong shoulders because it is You that I am completely dependent upon.  Guide and protect Jay and I.  Heal my husband, heal my heart.  In Your Holy Name, I pray.  Amen.

No comments: