Saturday, May 5, 2007

Catching Up

Okay, so I apologize for not updating my blog for several days.  I've been very busy.  Jay is doing very well, so anyone who might be worried that I haven't entered anything into my journal because of him, rest easy...he is well.  As a matter of fact, we have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to schedule the next round of tests to see where we are at, so I won't have anything to report on him for several weeks.  I am thankful for the period of rest that he gets from treatment so he can just go out and enjoy himself with his friends and brother.  He has continued to golf and fish every week regardless of any treatments he may have been receiving and I am grateful to the Lord that he has been able to do so. 

The past couple of weeks have been very difficult for me because I have been busy with work, bible study, choir rehearsals and performances.  In addition to that, I have been to three funerals in three weeks.  Two funerals were for the passing of loved ones of good friends and I was there to provide support to those friends.  This last one was mine to claim.  I lost a very dear friend and second mother.  It's official, I am in mourning. 

I loved Ginger very much and knew her from two years old.  The funeral was yesterday and the reality of her death hit me then.  I will not go on and on about how much I loved her because it is too hard right now.  But, I will say this...I will miss Ginger very much.  A piece of my heart is gone.  But, thankfully, as I found out yesterday, I will see Ginger again in heaven.  She was a believer in Jesus Christ.  So, not only was she my mother, but she was my sister in the Lord as well.  I couldn't have asked for a greater gift yesterday than finding out that I will see her again.

Anyway, in the coming days, I will be able to write more and more about my walk with the Lord and all the things that He is teaching me on a daily basis.  Bible study came to an end last Thursday and we have our last choir rehearsals and performance in May so that will free up a couple of days per week. 

I promise to write more as my mind begins to declutter.  I have allowed too much noise in and I am praying and giving it to the Lord so that I can begin the healing process.

My love to all who have written, asking about my blog and when I will update again.  Thank you for your interest in what I have to say.  Bless you.

No comments: