Monday, May 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Karen!!

"Greater love has no one than this , that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13-14 NIV)

Today is a special day for my best friend, Karen.  I won't say how old she is, but it is her birthday.  I celebrate the fact that, on this day sometime ago, the Lord created such a wonderful person.  I celebrate that He counted me worthy of being her friend.

If I had the best imagination in the world, I couldn't have ever imagined a better friend than this woman.  I prayed for years for the Lord to place a strong woman of God in my life, and in His perfect timing, AS ALWAYS, He was faithful to provide.  That poor thing, she had no clue what was comin' to her!  She didn't stand a chance!

I met her in a bible study group and by the end of the study, I knew that she was the woman that the Lord had in mind to be my friend.  On the last evening of the study, I went to Karen and said, "I think we're going to be friends."  And as she likes to tell people, she hasn't been able to get rid of me since.  I suppose that's true to a certain degree.

We share so much...laughter, love, clothes & jewelry, and most importantly, our love of the Lord.  It is a blessing to have a friendship where the Lord is the central focus.  She keeps me focused on the Lord when I begin to get lost.  She prays with me.  She prays for me.  She is not just my friend, she is my sister.  What greater blessing is there!

Karen, my friend, Happy Birthday to you.  I love you my sister and pray that we can celebrate birthdays together for years to come.  I pray the Lord's abundant blessings on you.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY GIRL..I WAS SENT YOUR WAY BY TERRI AND KIM AND DEB. I AM SOOO NEW AT THIS PC STUFF, THE NET, AND J LAND. I LOVE THE FRIENDS IV'E FOUND HERE, THEY HELPED ME THRU A TERRIBLE TIME IN MY LIFE AND I ONCE AGAIN FOUND GOD. I WAS SAVED YESTERDAY AND HAVE BEEN FULL OF JOY SINCE. MY JOURNAL IS TITLED "AFTER THE STORM". FEEL FREE TO DROP BY, ADD A COMMENT, OR EVEN ADVICE. I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL.  HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...LORI