Thursday, March 22, 2007

Not My Plan, But His

"For I know the plans I have for you, ' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, to give you a future and hope.'" (Jeremiah 29:11 NASB)

Well, praise the Lord that He has a plan for my life.  At 37, I still wonder in which direction I should go with my life.  The best thing about that is...my Lord has my life all mapped out and I only need to seek Him to find out which direction to face and when to take that next step. 

I sometimes think about my life and wonder what tomorrow will hold, and I even try to speculate sometimes what will become of me, but as soon as I dream up some crazy idea of what will be next, the Lord is quick to redirect my thoughts back to Him because He is the Keeper of every second of my life. 

Some people stress out about what they will become when they "grow up" or what their next job will be as they move up that corporate ladder, but I don't have the desire to expend unnecessary energy on that thought process.  My desire is to follow as the Lord leads me and live for each moment He allows me to remain on this earth.

With Jay having cancer, it has given me much more appreciation for life in general.  I don't know that I have taken my life completely for granted, but it has never been made more clear to me than now that time is so very precious and I need to savor it as much as humanly possible. 

My husband could be cured of this disease or not...the Lord holds that in His hands and I am learning to be okay with that.  I'm not saying that when Jay is in pain or feeling sick that I don't freak out on occasion, but again, the Lord is in control and when I am too scared or hurt to turn my eyes to Him, He is faithful to gently take my chin and raise my head up for me. 

The Lord sends us angels to be our protectors, our guides, our "God with skin on."  I have one friend in particular that I KNOW, that I KNOW, that I KNOW is being used by the Lord for that exact purpose!  Now, I will not give her name out, but anyone that knows me at all, knows who this young lady is.

She is the one person that the Lord uses to help me grow in my spiritual walk.  When my thoughts are not right, she gently corrects me.  When my actions do not glorify the Lord, she shows me the way back to living with the Lord's righteousness.  Just turn left when there is a "right turn only" sign, and she is faithful to redirect.(lol) 

But, I couldn't ask for a better angel for the Lord to place in my life because she is REAL and HUMAN and just so beautiful.  She gives me hope that I might be able to be used by the Lord for the same purpose that she is used by Him in my life.  It is a wonderful thought that I may be used to encourage someone else in their walk and help them to see that there are no perfect Christians, just forgiven sinners through Jesus Christ's shed blood on the cross.  I will forever be grateful to the Lord for counting me worthy of such a friend, sister, and angel. 

No matter who may be walking beside me in this life, I will make the most of my time with them, making sure that they know how much I love them, how special they are, and how much I treasure our time together.  To be truly loved by others, you must first extend true love.  

Heavenly Father, it is You that gives me True love in my heart. May those that surround me feel You and see You.  In Your Precious Son's name.  Amen.   

No comments: