Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pressing On

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14 NIV)

My walk with the Lord is not perfect by any means, but I do try to keep in mind that if I just stay the course, repenting of my wrong doings and moving forward...pressing on...I will someday receive my heavenly reward. 

There are some days when I truly feel homesick for heaven.  I desire to see what the Lord has in store for me there.  If I listen to the enemy, he tells me that I am unworthy of anything at all and that I deserve to burn in hell.  Well, part of that which he tells me is true...I am completely unworthy of anything the Lord has waiting for me, but by His grace, I will receive a reward.  All praise and glory to Him who loves me!

My longing to see Jesus face to face seems unbearable at times.  I feel ready to leave this world behind and never have another dark day.  Wouldn't that be great?!  I imagine that the sun would shine brighter, the colors would be more vibrant than I could dream of, the feeling of love greater than I've ever felt, and there before me stands my Savior Jesus Christ.  Of course, I would have to fall on my face before Him and kiss the feet of the One who died for me and made it possible for me to be there in the first place!  And my greatest desire would be to hear Him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." (Matthew 25:21 NIV)

I remember my pastor giving a message one time and he referred to another pastor as having said when asked about maintaining the longevity of his marriage, "Just stay the course."  Meaning that, no matter the circumstance, no matter how rough it gets sometimes, just hang in there and and press on.  Well, that is exactly true in our faith.  No matter the circumstance, no matter how rough it gets and how persecuted we feel, have faith, hold fast and press on.  Allow the Lord to  turn those things that the enemy intends for bad into something that He can be glorified by. (Romans 8:28)

Last night, Jay and I had dinner with some friends that I used to work with.  During dinner, I had this sudden burst of gratefulness wash over me as I watched my honey conversing and laughing with the group.  In his present circumstances, with daily chemo and radiation treatments, he could very well be at home suffering from side effects, but he isn't!  He is able to do the things that he would normally do and for anyone to look at him, they couldn't say that he looks like a cancer patient.  The enemy would have him surrendered and on death's door if he could, but the mercy and grace of my Father is extended to Jay and he is well and able to live his life in spite of this disease.  I praise Him for that.

Stay the course, I will.  In bad times, I will press on because my reward is waiting for me at the finish line and I am eager to be a faithful servant  that finishes this race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your a true inspiration.

Love ya,